Pictured: Katie Stein, Don Kocarek, Steve Brehob, Todd Borgman, and Steve Smith
Smith Brehob and Associates is a Bloomington, Indiana-based civil engineering and land surveying firm with a long list of successful projects and satisfied clients throughout southern Indiana. Steve Smith started the company in 1980 and Steve Brehob joined the firm in 1989 to form a design/management team that has successfully executed projects for nearly 40 years.
Our team includes:
- Project Manager and Design Engineer Katie Stein who has been with the firm for over twelve years.
- Project Manager and Landscape Architect Don Kocarek who has been with the firm for over six years.
- Survey Manager Todd Borgman who has been with the firm for over two years.
We provide the following services:
- Civil Engineering
- Land Surveying
- Permitting & Approval Processing
- Utility Design
A more detailed breakdown of services typically provided:
- Civil Engineering: Site selection, schematic site design, due diligence reports, preliminary cost estimates, detailed site design, construction documents and specifications, user-specific program design and development criteria, storm water design and detention, water quality, erosion control, roadway design and road improvements, intersection improvements, landscape design, dam design
- Land Surveying: Topographic and boundary surveys, ALTA land title surveys, subdivision plats, easement documents, construction staking, post-construction ALTA land title
- Permitting and Approval Processing: Site plan approval, rezoning petitions, City of Bloomington and Monroe County Plan Commission approval, Board of Zoning Appeals approval, conditional use approval, driveway and R/W improvement permitting, local planning permitting, IDEM Section 401 Water Quality Certification, IDEM Rule 5 Notice of Intent (NOI), FEMA and IDNR floodway permits, US Army Corps permits, dam inspections
- Utility Design: Sanitary sewer and lift station design, water line design, water network modeling, storm sewer design